Little Banjo's Musings & Drawings

Thanks for popping in!
I am a seeker of truth & beauty, I have found inspiration growing thru cracks in the concrete in the form of a wildflower. I believe in God.

Welcome. This is my musings on life, God, poems, ponderings, & thinkings, as the good Lord helps me thru another day. I am both down-to-earth & head-in-the-clouds. I like drawing, craft, wildflowers, animals, art, guitar, reading, miniatures, gnomes, Weetbix, climbing trees, bicycles, walking in the rain & good natured people....

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm trying pastels...I really like looking at paintings done in pastel, so thought I'd buy some & try. I bought oil pastels-a children's box of 12.
(Is this what is meant by painting in pastel?)
Not good. I'm so used to fine detail, & the pics'd start off ok then go to shambles. If all else fails- read the instructions, right?
SoI googled & found this free little tutorial at www.teachartathome.com
of falling pastel leaves. And I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
I mean, it's not much compared to their painting, but I like it. It's ACEO size, just 2.5" by 3.5". I dig miniatures.
I've ordered me a pastel book but i think it's lost in the mail.

Note- I CAN'T SEE VIDEOS or HEAR SOUND (so any art tutorials on YouTube etc are off limits to me) because I'm on the net via a tiny handheld mobile phone (I never use it for talking!) which is great coz I can do my emails, surf the blogosphere,& even pixel paint ALL WHILE RECLINING in my chair (I get dizzy & my back is crooked so I can't sit up at the computer very long)



















No comments:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In this life of froth & bubble,
Two things stand like stone-
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own."
-anon